Good Morning Scrapping Cottage Friends!
I just thought I would share another use for this cute little new release Baby Monkey die! I always need cards for enclosing gift cards. So I found this really easy design on Youtube. I altered some of the measurements so that it would fit into a A2 envelope. It seems now a days that a gift card is all anyone wants especially my older nieces and nephews. I must admit it is much easier then trying to please them but it does take some of the fun out of gift searching!
1. Use a light brown card stock base 4 1/4 x 11 and score at 4 1/2, 5 1/2 and 6 1/2. Use your bone folder and crease the card as shown.
2. Flip the card over and put a strip of strong tape as shown then press together. This will form the card holder.
4. And now it is time to decorate the card! Cut a white 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of white card stock and emboss it with cupcakes. Glue to the front of the card
5. Using the Baby Monkey with Balloons die cut all the pieces of the monkey and balloons. Use brown, tan, and black for the monkey. Before you assemble the monkey sponge the edges for more depth
6. Glue all the pieces together adding small black pearls for the eyes
7. Cut the balloons using designer paper and the strings out of black card stock8. Cut a strip of light brown card stock 11 x 1 inches this will make a band around your card to keep the gift card inside it good and safe. Just take your band and fit it around your card and make a tiny pencil mark as to where you will place the tape
9. Cut a Cross Stitched Circle out of designer paper and glue the monkey and balloons to the circle. Then attach the circle to the front of the band set aside
10. On the inside of the card cut a Double Stitched Rectangle and glue to the center of the inside of the card
11. Using designer paper cut another set of balloons, string and the word Celebrate glue all to the inside of the card
Here are the Cottage Cutz Products used:
I hope you enjoyed this project and that it will inspire you to make a card with an enclosed gift card!
Blessings and thanks for stopping by!