I am living in SC and the heat index the whole week has been up over 100 degrees with humidity to match! So I decided to make myself a card to cool down! It is beachside with a tall glass of lemonade and limeade!
Here are my design steps:
- A2 white card base (All card stock is Recollections and SU)
- Using our new release hexagon die cut set I first took a piece of white card stock slight smaller then the A2 base card front placed the largest of the hexagon dies where I wanted it and cut.
- Then I took a slightly smaller piece of blue card stock and used the hexagon die next to the largest and cut. (Pink and Main Hexagon die cuts)
- I glued the blue hexagon cut behind the white hexagon and set aside
- I used a piece of 4x 5 piece of white card stock and created my scene. The waves are made with another new release die set which is a scallop border. I turned the scallops upside down and made the waves. I sponges with SU ink called Soft Sky.
- The sky was sponged with a stencil from Memory Box using SU Pacific Blue
- The sand was done with sponging SU Creamy Caramel
- Once the scene is complete glue to the card front.
- Take the hexagon cut front and stamp Cheers on the lower right corner as shown
- Take the hexagon window and place pop dots all around the back then center it to the front of the card around the beach scene
- On a separate piece of white card stock stamp the drinks and color with copics. Fussy cut out
- Pop dot the drinks to the front of the card as shown