Sunday, February 26, 2023

Fresh Lemonade

 Hello Friends

I am having a little fun with our new release!  I thought I would make a card that I could use this summer.  I was thinking it could be an invite to friends.  It would be a cute way to say come on over and enjoy our pool along with a glass of fresh lemonade!  It is making me wish the warmer weather would get here soon! This technique for creating a glass has been around and I finally get a chance to try it.  I used the Fresh Lemonade Pharse to create my card.  


Design steps:


1.  Use a a 6 1/4 x 4 1/4 white card base
  • cut 6 1/8 x 4 1/8 black card stock
  • cut 6 x 4 lemon designer paper
2.  Glue the black to the white card base and then glue on the lemon designer paper.  Set aside

3.  For the vellum I started out with a piece measuring 4 1/2 x 4 1/4.  I am linking to a video that shows you just how to make the glass.  It is the video that I used to make mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qXUm3eBAuk thank you Dawn Olchefske for the wonderful instructions
4.  After you make your glass use a brayer to coat the vellum with an ink color of your choice.  I am thinking you could make limeade too!


5.  I decided to make a liner for my glass because I used a pattern paper for the background and I didn't want it to show through.  I just traced my glass on white cardstock to make it.  Using the Fresh Lemonade Phrase cut out 4 lemon slices in 2 shades of yellow and the words fresh lemonade in black.  Glue 3 of the slices to your white liner
6.  Slip the liner inside of the vellum place double sided tape on the flaps and to the front top of the glass so you can add glitter
7.  Take off the protective strips from the double sided tape and slightly bow the glass and attach to the card front.  Remove the protective strip from the double sided tape on the front of the glass and sprinkle with glitter.   Cut the slice of lemon in the center and attach to glass.  Add the straw and glue down the fresh lemonade sentiment and your card is complete

CottageCutz Products


We have more inspiration on our YouTube Channel check it out HERE

Thanks so much for stopping by!  And I will see you next Thursday.

Blessings and Take Care





No comments:

Post a Comment