Monday, January 4, 2021

Sunset Sympathy

Hello Scrapping Cottage Friends

It is Pam sharing with you on the blog today!

I am making a variety of cards to start off the new year to refill my card stash.  And the one card I always have trouble making is a sympathy card especially when it is needed right away.  So I thought I would make a few a head of time so if needed it won't be do difficult.  I am using two dies from the Safari release the Savanna die and the Safari Watering Hole.  I thought they made a very peaceful scene for a sympathy card. 

Design Steps:
1.  Cut all of the pieces in black using the Savanna die.  I only used the smaller tree, a piece of grass and the birds for this card


2.  Assemble the tree using a fine tip glue and using the Safari Watering Hole die cut out the animals in black card stock

3.  Cut a piece of white card stock 4 x 4 and select your inks to create your sunset.  I cut a circle to mask the sun using the 4th from the largest Pierced Circle die.  First ink 3/4 of the white card stock with the lightest yellow.  Then place down your mask for the sun.  Next ink with the darker yellow working around the mask.  Select your orange ink and ink just to the edge of the darker yellow and last add your red along the edges of the paper.  For the bottom I ripped a Post It note and masked off the ground first the heavier black then moved the mask and used a lighter touch for the top black
4.  Cut a piece of white card stock 4 x 5 1/4 and then cut a circle in the center slightly toward the top.  I used the second from the largest Pierced Circle die.  Stamp your sentiment on the bottom and add a couple of score lines.  Use an A2 black card stock base.  Glue the sunset to the back of the white card stock with the circle cut out then portion onto the black card base.  Add the tree and the animals and your card is complete
CottageCutz Products



I hope you get a chance to relax and enjoy making some crafty thing whether it is cards, mini albums or scrapbooking!
Blessing
Pam







No comments:

Post a Comment