Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Birthday Cards for the New Year

 Hello Friends

I have a few birthdays coming up so I thought I would get started on my 2024 birthday cards.  This one is going to my sister who loves gardening, birds and being outdoors.  I am using two Black Friday release dies called Garden Birds and Trellis Background. I am also using an older die from the Easter release Spring Lillies.  All of theses dies are still available in the online store.


Design Steps:


1.  Start with an A2 white card base,  cut a piece of white card stock 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and cut out the Trellis using the Trellis Background die.  Glue the Trellis to the front of the card
2.  Use the Spring Lillies die and cut out the pieces in white.  Use your inks to color the flowers and stems (I used TH's Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade)
3.  Use the Garden Birds die and cut out the pieces in white.  Use your inks to color the bird. (I used TH's Peacock Feather, Black Soot, Hickory Smoke and Blueprint Sketch.  I also used Pink and Main's Fire Engine) For the eye I used a black Glaze Sakura pen and then a white Sukura Gelly Roll pen for the dot in the eye

4.  Glue the flowers down first making sure you have room for the bird.  Glue the bird in place and then add the sentiment




We have more inspiration on our YouTube Channel check it out HERE

I would like to wish you all a Blessed New Years and thank you so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment